Life is a journey with amazing adventures, crazy stunts, unbelievable horror and truly delightful joys. How we live through it, how we change and who we give the glory to for this incredible life we transition through is of vital importance. God created man to serve him and to give him the glory in EVERYTHING we do. The effortless job performance comes from one who trusts Him to bring the right audience.
In 2015 I want to relinquish my incessant struggle with control of things around me. Learning to abide in Him, trusting Him to do what is best for me, and living each day to its fullest possibility in service to Christ.
Join me in celebrating 2014, a year that was not without its trouble, but, brought redemption to this parched soul. Join me also in praying for 2015, that we see the light of the world in the never ending moments of life’s possibilities.
Thank you for your presence in my life. Thank you for embracing, loving, giving, serving and praying with me when those instances block the road of change.
Let us juncture together hand in hand on the stage of life and deliver another worthy expression of God to the world, for He is the orchestrator of our own personal symphony. Seek first His kingdom and all these things shall be added unto you.
This is my vision for 2015 of what God has written on my heart to pursue and provided me a clean slate to write. He knows what lies ahead and what we have left behind, and He knows what blessings and joys that will come to us.
Necessary Changes for 2015
- Quest study – I have never fully completed one of these in its entirety. I will be studying the Letters of Paul. I need to finish one of these studies in its entirety.
- Women in the Word – Acts – deeper engagement in the home work portion. I always rush through the lessons.
- Read 12 books for book club plus 12 additional books, write chapters in my own book
- Have coffee with someone new twice a month
- Create exercise room in Brandy’s old bedroom
- Paint dressers and complete bedroom
- Paint bathroom and redecorate
- Exercise 4-5 days per week incorporating different types of exercise and strength training in different intervals; Swimming, biking, walking, elliptical, weights
- Participate in several 5k walks
- Continue eliminating fatty foods, eating better, drinking lots of water, reduce starbucks.
- Lose 50 lbs by end of 2015
- When purchasing clothes, eliminating clothes that have not been worn in a while or no longer fit. Donate them to women who can enjoy them.
- Find more writing jobs
- Find adjunct professor job
- Continue writing and seeking opportunities to write for others and to share testimony
- Stay within financial budget, reducing and eliminating debt. No more loans, credit cards, or seeking financial assistance. I would like to pay off all credit cards this year and reduce car loan by ½ with focus on high end commission sales and other second job opportunities. This will require many extra hours at work and less personal time, but, necessary for future.
- Employer start retirement fund
- Be more available for my mother, helping her clean up and spending quality time with her
- Coffee and study with Julie each week
- Find new ministries to be involved in
- Pray, encourage, share, give, love, forgive my children and others with God’s amazing grace
- Make prayer a priority each day whether in car, bed, walking etc.
- Sing in the Texas Traditions Choir Spring Show and Christmas special
Favorite Moments of 2014
- In January I received the Cadillac as a gift, and had the plastic “Frank Kent” sign on the back. God answered a prayer from when I was a child, when we had nothing and we would drive around the traffic circle and I would dream about owning a pristine luxury Cadillac vehicle. Although short lived, the Caddy was a sweet ride.
- March, Trip to Fredericksburg with Mom and Amanda/Ashley. Winerys, Luchenbach and shopping.
- April, Women’s Prayer Retreat at River Bend, much needed sanctuary
- April, promotion at work
- May, edited a book
- June, joined an online book club, LOVE IT!
- June, wrote a Vignette for a book being published in 2015
- June, Trip to Huntsville State Park and Galveston
- July, Trip to Rockport, Texas
- September Amanda made it into BIGGIE, the talent show at Oklahoma Baptist, and Brandy and I traveled to see the show.
- October, Brandy went to Disneyland with her college nursing friend, Syndey. They had the time of their life.
- October commissioned my first writing job for a non-profit organization
- November, Brandy was promoted to Charge Nurse at Texas Health Huguley.
- December, loved decorating tables with my sweet mama at the Christ Chapel Women’s Brunch.
- December, Brandy moved to her own home, with the dog.
- December, Purchased Steel, my new car.
- Brother Steve and his wife Sherri received word they are approved for adoption. Can’t wait.
- I spent all year creating my sanctuary, my book nook, my place to abide and its awesome.
- Began leading a small group for women
- Women in the Word study on Genesis: profound to my heart and soul.
Growth in 2014
- It is hard to give up what you are used too. This year I was no longer a student, relinquished my volunteer position for Oasis for Single Moms, one kid in college, one working on her own but still at home, had to change Sunday school classes. That place where you near the end of an era in your life, uncertainty. This year I have grown in the depth of my trust in God to lead me in His ways and direct my steps. I have ventured out into new horizons.
- Discipleship teaches another about how to live in Christ, but, it also exposes where you fail. Sometimes we get comfortable in our sins and do not even see them in action. I have learned to examine my actions and responses, how I live and serve Christ and how my failure in doing it well affects others.
- Abiding in Christ is a tall order. Abiding means to have a steadfast, unshakable faith that is unwavering in times of trouble, sadness, pain. Remaining, enduring, surviving, standing, accepting who I am in Christ and living it out loud.
- Focusing on taking care of me based on that truth of who I am in Christ: Working on my health, I feel stronger in conviction, determined to change, ready for 2015.
- The study of Genesis was enlightening. I learned the value in waiting on God before I act, trusting profoundly that He is in control.